Assignment: Business Solutions for Positive Social Change, Part 2
For the Weeks 1–3 Assignments, you will act as a business consultant and apply critical and creative thinking skills in order to assist an organization in bringing about either internal or external positive social change.
This week, you will complete Part 2 of the Business Solutions for Positive Social Change Assignment.
You have been hired as a consultant to help a business address a problem by creating solutions that will bring about positive social change—either within the organization or in the surrounding community. You will select one of the businesses to focus on and will develop a set of design documents in which you will analyze the situation, engage in critical and creative thinking activities about the information presented, and develop ideas for how the business can address its problems and bring about positive outcomes. First, you will select one of the following businesses and review the related scenario:
- Soapy Simpson’s Car Wash
- CallMe Call Center
- Plain Print Press
Then, using the provided Week 2 Assignment Template, complete the following activities. Part 2 must contain at least one reference from the Walden Library or other scholarly academic sources.
By Day 7
Submit Part 2 of the Assignment, which includes the following:
Part 2: Solving the Problem: Ideating
Ideate: In this section, you will use multiple ideation techniques to develop and narrow down ideas for addressing the problem. As you use these techniques, focus on ideas that involve promoting positive social change for your selected business.
- Using the brainstorming technique, assemble at least 10 ideas to solve the problem you defined in the Week 1 Assignment.
Note: Keep in mind that you would not need to implement every idea you suggest. The purpose is to generate new and creative ideas, not to develop 10 perfect ideas. Your brainstorm ideas should be realistic in the sense that they are humanly possible, but at this point you should not censor your ideas nor evaluate them to determine their feasibility in terms of costs, resources, time constraints, et cetera.
- Using an additional ideation technique (e.g., worst possible idea, S.C.A.M.P.E.R., zero draft, etc.), develop at least one additional idea. Describe the process you went through to develop your idea(s), including: (150–225 words, or 2–3 paragraphs)
- The name of your selected ideation technique
- The steps you took to perform the technique, including the results of each step
- The final result of the technique (i.e., the idea[s] you developed)
- Your thoughts on the process for the technique
- After developing your ideas, classify them into two categories: ones you will develop and ones you will discard. Explain why you decided to develop the ones in the first category and explain why you discarded the ones in the second category. (150–225 words, or 2–3 paragraphs)