1.5 Constructing Your Health Decisions
- 1. For your assignment you will organize information to include influences on your health, a family member’s health or the health of another person.
- Be sure to include:
- o at least two examples of different influences by media, technology, or public policy on you, your family, or community
- o the effect of these influences on everyone’s health
- o the responsibility a person has for enhancing one’s health.
- Use the organizer below to help you brainstorm your ideas.
- Once you have organized your ideas, you will create and submit an essay, PowerPoint, video, or collage as your final project.
i. A. Example one of Media, Technology, or Public Policy (pick one) influencing health is
PUBLIC POLICY: Tax breaks for citizens who participate in cleansing or non pollution of the water supply.
i. B. What type of effect has it had on health?
If get tax breaks to stop polluting and start cleansing then they would have an incentive to create a better water supply and therefore will result in less diseases.
i. A. Example two of Media, Technology, or Public Policy (pick one) influencing health is
B. What type of effect has it had on health?
MEDIA: A media campaign to convince people to visit doctors regularly, practice good hygiene, and to exercise regularly.
What is the responsibility a person has for enhancing one’s health?
If the media can convince people to do things like those to enhance their health then they could realize how unhealthy they and and start doing something about it to combat things like obesity.
Essay: If you have chosen to write an essay, complete your writing below.