- Why is the American system of justice properly described as “adversarial”?
- Distinguish civil law from criminal law
- What is the difference between common law and statutory law?
- How do actual damages differ from compensatory damages?
- What is the degree of proof normally required for a plaintiff to prevail in a civil suit? For the prosecution to prevail in a criminal case?
- What are the four categories or kind of evidence that maybe may be presented at trial?
- Explain the difference between a statute of limitation and a statute of repose
- Name five advantages of informal investigation over formal discovery
- Explain the difference between mediation and arbitration.
- Explain the difference between personal jurisdiction and subject matter jurisdiction
KEY WORDS AND PHRASES TO REMEMBER
Administrative procedures act
Affidavit proving service
Alternative dispute resolution
Assumption of risk