- Why is the American system of justice properly described as “adversarial”?
- Distinguish civil law from criminal law
- What is the difference between common law and statutory law?
- How do actual damages differ from compensatory damages?
- What is the degree of proof normally required for a plaintiff to prevail in a civil suit? For the prosecution to prevail in a criminal case?
- What are the four categories or kind of evidence that maybe may be presented at trial?
- Explain the difference between a statute of limitation and a statute of repose
- Name five advantages of informal investigation over formal discovery
- Explain the difference between mediation and arbitration.
- Explain the difference between personal jurisdiction and subject matter jurisdiction
KEY WORDS AND PHRASES TO REMEMBER
Administrative procedures act
Affidavit proving service
Alternative dispute resolution
Assumption of risk
There are no reviews yet.