Project: Final Project: Completion and Submission
Explain the Kantian perspective, and explain whether your personal perspective agrees with the utilitarian or Kantian perspective.
In the Week 3 Final Project Milestone assignment, you explained how to apply the principle of utility to the case you selected for your Final Project. For this final portion of the assignment, apply Kant’s categorical imperative to the case, and explain how you would approach the case, explaining whether your position is utilitarian or Kantian. Justify your position.
Combine all of your Final Project Milestone sections into one paper formatted in APA style. Be sure to include an introduction and conclusion in the paper. Your paper should be at least six pages long.
Be sure each point below is included. For the items listed under the Week 3 Final Project Milestone heading, be sure to consult the comments received from your Instructor and address them for the final submission. Also ensure that the Milestone elements flow together with the new elements for the Final Paper.
By Day 7
From the Week 3 Final Project Milestone:
- Identify the case you are addressing.
- Explain the issues involved in the case.
- State your thesis (the position for which you argue in the paper).
- Explain how a virtue ethicist would approach the case.
- If you do not think virtue ethics is applicable to your case, explain why.
- Analyze the case using the principle of utility.
New for the Final Paper:
- Analyze the case using Kant’s categorical imperative.
o Justify your position.
- Explain how you would approach the case, including an explanation of whether your approach is virtue ethicist, utilitarian, or Kantian and why.
o As part of explaining your approach, reflect on your responses to the Virtual Philosopher exercise in Week 1, and explain how your approach to the case differs (or does not differ) from your thinking at the beginning of this course.
- Support your use of evidence in the assignment with references to the week’s readings. In the essay, practice APA style for your in-text citations.
- Be sure to include the following:
There are no reviews yet.