Assignment: Operations Management Design
What considerations should organizations take into account to ensure that their operations management efforts are effective? They may need to follow the current trends and embrace emerging technologies. They might need to examine their supply chain or assess their suppliers. Perhaps they need to have an introspective moment and determine how sustainability and ethical issues impact their operations. Organizations aim to stay current and competitive in the business world, and there are a number of ways to accomplish this, such as performing an environmental analysis. By assessing the competition, organizations can better remain competitive through understanding how other organizations are structured, how their supply chains function, and how they adapt to the latest technologies.
In this Assignment, you will answer a set of questions centered on trends in operations management, supply chains, sustainability efforts, and ethical considerations.
Submit a response to the following prompts.
- Identify and describe three current trends in operations management. How do you think they will change the future of OM? (225 words, or 3 paragraphs)
- What steps should an organization take to design a supply chain network? What are the key internal departments and external organizations that should be involved? What are their roles? (150–225 words, or 2–3 paragraphs)
- Choose a hypothetical example of a service-based organization and illustrate how the supply chain would operate for that organization. (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)
- Choose a hypothetical example of a goods-based organization and illustrate how the supply chain would operate for a product for that organization. (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)
- Organizations can have multiple layers of first- and second-tier suppliers. Explain the advantages that organizations gain by having multiple layers of suppliers. Describe any disadvantages that can be brought to organizations by having multiple layers of suppliers. (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)
- When an organization is determining a location choice, what sustainability issues should it consider? What ethical issues should be considered? (150–225 words, or 2–3 paragraphs)
Note: For each prompt, be sure to reference at least one scholarly source to support your answer. Use the Walden Undergraduate Paper Template, provided in this week’s Learning Resources, to complete this Assignment.
Refer to the Week 2 Assignment Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this grading rubric to assess your work.
There are no reviews yet.