Assignment: Marketing Presentation to Local Goods and Services, Inc.
You work in the marketing department of XYZ Corporation, and your director, Michael Johnson, has assigned you to work with Local Goods and Services, Inc., a small company that is struggling to find its way. Richard Milton, the company’s president, started this company 5 years ago and wants to grow his business. He isn’t fully convinced, however, that he needs formal marketing to do so; he says that “much of my company’s success has come from word-of-mouth and personal connections!” Your job is to present Richard with some important information that will help him understand what marketing really is and to demonstrate the ways in which marketing can be used to create and build relationships with both current and potential customers of his company.
For this Assignment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation that showcases the value of marketing and its role in building and maintaining connections with customers.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Select For the purposes of this Assignment, you must identify one product or service that this business offers. You may select any good or service that you would like. You will build Part 2 of your presentation around that selected product or service by addressing the required elements.
- Refer to the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses as you compose your Assignment.
By Day 7
Submit your presentation for Local Goods and Services, Inc. In your presentation, you should include examples of effective marketing campaigns (via links, images, etc.) to demonstrate this value creation. Your presentation must include a cover slide and References slide that includes properly formatted citations for a minimum of four scholarly sources to support the information you presented. You must also include speakers’ notes that would serve as a script if you were to deliver this presentation to the leaders of Local Goods and Services, Inc.
Part 1: The Value Proposition of Marketing (7–11 slides)
In the first section of this presentation, you will set the stage for an explanation of why marketing is valuable to an organization by doing the following:
- Explain what the marketing concept is and how it creates value for customers. (2–3 slides)
- Describe how marketing is essential to an organization in terms of value creation and the achievement of business objectives. (2–3 slides)
- Identify two to three ways that marketing can promote positive social change (including influencing habits, values, laws, etc.). Include specific examples. (1–2 slides)
- Distinguish between customer wants and needs. How are they different from the perspective of a marketing manager? Include visual examples of both. (2–3 slides)
Part 2: The Customer Experience (6–8 slides)
In the second section, you will expand upon the value proposition by addressing the following related to the product or service you have selected to highlight for this business:
- Describe the role of the value proposition for a selected product or service offered by Local Goods and Services. (3–4 slides)
- What product or service does this company offer?
- Who are the target customers for this product or service?
- How is this product or service important to the customers?
- How can this product or service improve the customers’ lives?
- Does this product or service fulfill the customers’ wants or needs? Explain.
- Identify traditional and digital strategies to build long-term relationships with these target customers. (3–4 slides)
- How would you plan to promote the product or service to the primary customers?
- How would these promotional tactics encourage unnecessary spending?
- How would these tactics encourage long term customer relationships?