- This is a truly awesome case that demonstrates that even people who are very knowledgeable about computers cannot outwit the forensic experts. What advice would you have given Ghassemi after he told you (pretend for a moment you are his lawyer) that he had downloaded information from his former employer’s computer system and burned it to a CD?
- Why did the court order sanctions against Warrior and not just Ghassemi?
- Re-read the IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED paragraph at the end of the case. What would that appropriate jury instruction look like? Write a jury instruction for this case.
- If Arctic lawyers had questions for Elliott employees, why didn’t they just schedule depositions for them?
- Why didn’t using the investigator “shield” Arctic’s lawyers?
- A-tech personnel were not part of the lawsuit between Arctic and Elliott. Why was it unethical to send the investigator to speak to A-tech’s president and owner?
- The ODC filed one charge against Attorney Landry but then did not like the decision of the hearing committee. What were the specific reasons the ODC filed an objection to the hearing committee’s recommendation?
- What was the Disciplinary Board’s decision? What was the argument of the dissenters on that board?
- Patsy’s real heirs were awarded $70,000 in a civil action. What difference should that make in Attorney Landry’s disciplinary action? What difference should it make that he is young and inexperienced?