- Human resource planning involves multiple steps, including: Assessing current employee levels: predicting future needs; predicting employee movement; and planning external hiring needs.
- Which of the following would likely NOT be a measure of recruiting effectiveness?
|A.||Time measures—how long it takes to fill a position|
|B.||Retention measures, which focus on how long a new employee works for an organization|
|C.||Quantity measures, which focus on the number of applicants or hires generated|
|D.||Quality measures, which concern the extent to which recruiting activities locate and gain the interest of people who are actually capable of performing the job|
- The three general types of people looking for work are:
|A.||People entering the workforce for the first time, dissatisfied workers who are currently employed and those who are former dissatisfied workers who are currently unemployed|
|B.||Contingent workers looking for permanent work, entry level workers who are seeking a promotion, and dissatisfied workers|
|C.||People entering the workforce for the first time, people who have worked before but are currently unemployed, and people who are currently employed and looking for a different job|
|D.||People entering the workforce for the first time, contingent workers, and former employees|
- In the hiring process, a measurement is valid:
|A.||When the factor measured is relevant for satisfactory job performance|
|B.||When the measurement is consistent over time|
|C.||If it is reliable|
|D.||If it is a measurement of past accomplishments|
- A _____ occurs when one employer seeks to “poach” or steal employees from another.
- Organizations with the Loyal Soldier and Committed Expert HR strategies try to fill as many job vacancies as possible with current employees.
- The ______ interview focuses on how an applicant has behaved in past situations.
- Effective recruiting involves which of the following?
|A.||Getting as many applicants as possible to apply for positions and informing them about the positive aspects of the job and employment with the organization|
|B.||Getting well qualified applicants to apply for positions, keeping applicants interested and persuading the best applicants to accept job offers|
|C.||Limiting recruitment efforts to the sources that have provided employees in the past, getting as many applicants as possible to apply for positions and informing these applicants about the positive aspects of the job and employment with the organization|
|D.||Getting well qualified applicants to apply for positions|
- Which of the following is NOT true concerning the use of company websites for recruiting employees?
|A.||Most companies provide career information and the means for applicants to apply for employment|
|B.||The use of company web sites for recruiting can be costly because of the constant need to update information|
|C.||Most company web sites provide information about the work environment, benefits, and employee diversity|
|D.||A company web site can be easily controlled to convey a clear recruiting message|
- Which approach to selection ensures that candidates considered further fulfill all requirements at a particular level?
|A.||The bottom line approach|
|B.||Predictor weighting approach|
|D.||Minimum cutoffs approach|