WEIGHT MANAGEMENT AND PERSONAL FITNESS
Managing a healthy weight and maintaining a healthy fitness level takes effort and commitment. Personal fitness is the combination of eating healthfully, exercising, and adopting behaviors that lead to improved personal health and wellness.
For this Assignment, consider your level of personal fitness and any real or perceived barriers that may prevent you from achieving your optimal fitness goals.
To prepare for this Assignment:
Review Chapter 11 in Health: The Basics, 13th Edition. Think about the necessity of personal fitness in disease prevention and overall health and wellness.
Complete the following Personal Health Assessments in Health: The basics, 12th edition:
- Chapter 10, “How Healthy Are Your Eating Habits?”
- Chapter 11, “Are You Ready to Start a Weight-Loss Program?”
- Chapter 12, “How Physically Fit Are You?”
Assignment (2–3 pages):
- Summarize any insights you gained as a result of taking this assessments.
- Explain two benefits of physical fitness as a vital means of disease prevention and explain why they are beneficial.
- Describe two ways in which you might increase your personal fitness.
- Describe two barriers that might inhibit your physical fitness and describe one strategy you might use to overcome one of those barriers.
Support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate.