Assignment: Field Notes 2
During Week 2, you identified an indigenous group and shared the reasons for your selection. This week, you take a closer look at the group that you have identified by examining its culture. What is culture? Culture is the learned, shared understandings among a group of people. Culture helps to explain how people live, behave, and act and how to interact with others. In this week’s Field Notes, you examine elements of the culture of an indigenous group.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the assigned chapters in the Omohundro course text.
- Review the indigenous group that you selected in Week 2.
- Choose two elements of culture from your selected indigenous group. (Note:Elements of culture might include rituals, religious beliefs and practices, marriage customs, gender roles, celebrations, birthdays, holidays, economic, government or social systems.)
By Day 7
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper in which you do the following:
- Reflect on the indigenous group that you identified in Week 2.
- Describe the two elements of culture that you researched about the group.
- Identify any key symbols, stories, myths, and origins (history) about the indigenous group.
|Questions about this assignment? Post them in the Contact the Instructor area. That way, everyone in the class will see, and benefit from, the Instructor’s response.|
In order to receive full credit, all assignments are due on time. Should you encounter an unanticipated and uncontrollable life event that may prevent you from meeting an assignment deadline, contact the Instructor immediately to request an extension. Your Instructor’s contact information is in the Instructor area. For a full description of the late policy, please refer to the “Policies on Late Assignments” section of your Syllabus.