- Chapter 4: Economic Development of Nations
- Chapter 5: International Trade Theory
- Chapter 7: Foreign Direct Investment
- Write a short summary, and then answer all of the questions at the end of the case.
- Always use references.
- The summary should not exceed one page.
- Please read the case about three times before attempting to answer any question and you will find you get a better understanding of what is being asked of you.
- Please be sure to back up your answers with facts from the textbook, and put together complete and well thought out responses. I am looking for original input so, please integrate your thoughts and experiences in each case assignment.
- Also make sure that you support and reinforce your answers and replies with factual information from the textbook, research, work/life experiences, etc.
5-16. As the first to set up an international air express business in
1969, OHL had the first-mover advantage over other companies.
Is being a first mover as advantageous for a service
company such as OHL as it is for a manufacturing company
such as Boeing? Explain.
5-17. What elements are necessary for a service company to
achieve global success?
5-18. Instead of relying on local agents, OHL prides itself on
having iL~ own staff of around 350,000 people across the
globe. What are the merits and drawbacks of this international
5-19. What do you think are the dangers, if any, of being a first