As leaders share power and attempt to resolve conflicts, they may employ negotiation as a strategy. A strong negotiator knows how to control the flow of interactions while at the same time attempting to produce a “win-win situation,” in which all parties feel like they have emerged victorious.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review the article, “Negotiation and Confrontation: Environmental Policymaking Through Consensus.” Focus on consensus as a conflict negotiation strategy.
- Review the case study, “Ambulatory Services in Thornburg County.” Consider the pressing developments in Thornburg County and the need for city and county leaders to negotiate a plan for cross county ambulatory services.
- As you review the case study, consider threeopportunities for negotiation, and think about how you would proceed in negotiation.
The assignment (1–2 pages)
- Describe threeareas of conflict in the the case study, “Ambulatory Services in Thornburg County.”
- Describethree opportunities to negotiate conflict in the case study and the mediation style that you would use.
- Justify your response with references to the Learning Resources.
Note: Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation.
Submit your assignment by Day 7.
There are no reviews yet.