Assignment: ForChange: Marketing Effectiveness Analysis: Part 1
ForChange is a local nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing about positive social change in communities through programs that promote healthy habits in adults and children. The founders started ForChange after the Healthy Communities program (https://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dch/programs/healthycommunitiesprogram/index.htm) ended in 2012. Since then, the organization has been growing slowly and has recently started to expand its reach through some community efforts and connection to local health fairs and school-sports booster organizations. Some examples of ForChange’s programs include hosting smoking cessation classes at the senior care centers, sponsoring fitness-related after-school programs, and teaching nutrition seminars to new parents. ForChange’s board of directors wants to expand further and see the organization eventually start up new centers that can lead change efforts in other parts of the country and throughout the world. ForChange has a small administrative staff, and the programs are conducted by volunteers. ForChange’s executive director is hoping that the organization can use digital marketing to appeal to volunteer-minded, socially conscious adults between the ages of 25–39. The company leaders are a bit older, however, and feel they need some help and advice for how best to reach this demographic. They are also concerned about approaching their marketing responsibly in a way that will support the organization’s goals to promote healthy families, healthy communities, and a healthy world. They also need some guidance on how best to continually evaluate the success of their efforts so that they can continue to grow, so they contact XYZ Corporation for a consultation to address these concerns.
Both parties have an initial meeting to discuss the nonprofit organization’s needs and goals. After that initial discussion, your boss at XYZ, Michael Johnson, determines that there are three main ideas that ForChange needs to focus on: digital marketing, sustainability and social responsibility, and program evaluation. Michael feels that the client should have a further understanding of these topics before he can move forward with them to implement a formal plan, so he asks you to draft a three-part report to address these ideas. Michael provides you with the questions to answer and a template to fill out the report. Your task is to complete the report and present it back to Michael so that he can review and send it to the client.
Note: Part 1 of your business report is due this week and Parts 2 and 3 will be submitted as one document in Week 6.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources
- Review the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Health Communities Program link in the Assignment description for additional background information.
- Refer to the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses as you compose your Assignment.
By Day 7
Submit Part 1 of your report. The report is based on the following criteria:
Part 1: Digital Marketing
- What are three types of digital marketing that are suitable for ForChange? For each type, explain how it can be beneficial to ForChange’s achievement of its goals, and identify any potential drawbacks for each. (225–300 words, or 3–4 paragraphs)
- Which social media platforms should ForChange use and why? (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)
- As the organization considers expansion into other countries, should they use the same strategies for international audiences as for those domestically? If not, how might they adjust their marketing strategy? (75–150 words, or 1–2 paragraphs)
There are no reviews yet.