Read Chapters 9 – 14 of the textbook. Then, answer the following questions:
- Describe the conflict between the creative department and the research department. Do you think creatives are justified in their hesitancy to subject their work to advertising researchers? Why? Is science capable of judging art any more than art is capable of judging science? Explain. (Chapter 9).
- Do you think product placement and short Internet films are effective in executing the message strategy of situating the brand socially? What are the major advantages? (Chapter 10).
- Digital/interactive media present a new and unique challenge for both the copywriting and art direction processes. When you visit a website, does it seem like there is “copy” or “design” at the site? What about when you use your favorite social networking sites? Do Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube show evidence of persuasive copy or design principles? (Chapter 11).
- How has the increased emphasis on branded entertainment and the meteoric rise in popularity of social networking sites such as Facebook influenced media planning? (Chapter 12).
- Why are newspapers losing circulation and what effect does it have on their advertising revenue? (Chapter 13).
- What unique characteristics of digital/interactive advertising and IBP offer advantages over traditional forms? (Chapter 14).
Please remember this assignment should be written in APA format. You should have a title page, a reference page and at least one page of content.
Please upload answers in a Word document by clicking the title Week 3 Assignment above. This assignment must be submitted by Sunday 11:59 PM.
Exercise Grading Criteria:
Thoroughly answered all of the questions: 60 points possible
References to course material: 20 points possible
Spelling/Grammar at the college level: 10 points possible
Quality/Content: 10 points possible
Total: 100 points