3.6 Conflict Resolution Work File
Use the lesson resources to complete the assignment.
Site 1 – Conflict Management Style (20 points) This activity will help you determine your natural style for dealing with conflict. It is useful to assess your predominant conflict management style(s) because we all tend to prefer one or two of the styles and at times may apply them inappropriately.
- What animal symbolizes your method for dealing with conflict? (5 points)
- Write a description of your conflict management style. (5 points)
- Discuss three reasons why this method of dealing with conflict is negative or positive. (10 points)
Site 4 – Discussing the Guidelines for Resolving Conflict (20 points) Select a guideline for resolving conflict and discuss how that guideline could assist you in resolving conflict. In four to five sentences, discuss how your predominant Conflict Management Style helps or hinders you from achieving this guideline.
Sites 4 and 5 –Using the Guidelines to Resolve Conflict (40 points) Use the site 4 guidelines for resolving conflict to solve one problem in site 5. After selecting a site 5 situation describe the step-by-step details about how the conflict can be managed according to the guidelines.
Problem 2: Your best friend just told you about a text conversation he had while driving over to pick you up. You learned that as he is driving, he continuously reads and answer texts.
Site 6 – Managing Bullying (20 points)
- Provide an incident about bullying that took place.
- Discuss three tips for managing bullying from the lesson. Explain the effects of the tips used in the story or the effects the tips could have had if used.