Discussion: Evaluating Emerging Trends and Technologies for a Company
Through this week’s Learning Resources, you were introduced to the concept of emerging trends and technologies. With the rapid growth and expansion of these new technologies, it can be difficult to sort through them and identify ones that are of high quality. For a business, it is important not only to identify such new technologies and innovations but also to analyze their appropriateness and the value they could add to an organization.
For this Discussion, you will examine an emerging trend or technology and determine the potential value that it has for being incorporated into your company.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses, provided in this week’s Learning Resources.
By Day 3
Post a 150- to 225-word (2- to 3-paragraph) description of how you would go about assessing whether or not the adoption of an emerging trend or technology would add value to your company if you were the CEO. In your description, do the following:
- Identify the main areas of value you would be looking to add to your business (e.g., profitability).
- Describe the important pieces of information you would need to know, or need to take into consideration, about the emerging trend or technology in order to make a final decision.
- To support your response, be sure to reference at least one properly cited scholarly source.
Refer to the Week 3 Discussion Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this grading rubric to assess your work.
Read some of your colleagues’ postings.
By Day 5
Respond with at least 75 words (1 paragraph) each to two or more of your colleagues’ postings by doing one of the following:
- Suggest an additional area of value that could be added to a business.
- Propose one or more additional pieces of information your colleague might want to take into consideration when making a decision about the emerging trend or technology.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you have learned or any insights you have gained as a result of the comments your colleagues made.
There are no reviews yet.