Discussion: Integrating IT Systems for E-Commerce and E-Business
In this week’s Learning Resources, you examined how information systems support critical functions related to e-commerce and e-business operations. There are several e-commerce models, and the one a business selects will also determine which types of IT systems are needed to support customer relationship management, supply chain management, and e-collaboration.
In this Discussion, you will identify two e-commerce businesses and analyze information systems that support their functions.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Select two businesses that utilize different e-commerce business models and consider how these businesses use information systems to support the functions of their business. In particular, consider how each business applies customer relationship management (CRM) and supply chain management (SCM), as well as how e-collaboration supports business operations.
- Review the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses, provided in this week’s Learning Resources.
By Day 3
Post a 150- to 225-word (2- to 3-paragraph) analysis of how each business’s operations are supported by CRM, SCM, and e-collaboration. For each of these businesses, analyze the following:
- How CRM would be applied for each business
- How SCM would be applied for each business
- The purpose of e-collaboration in supporting each business’s operations
- To support your response, be sure to reference at least one properly cited scholarly source.
Refer to the Week 2 Discussion Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this grading rubric to assess your work.
Read some of your colleagues’ postings.
By Day 5
Respond with at least 75 words (1 paragraph) each to two or more of your colleagues’ postings by doing one of the following:
- Propose one or more inefficiencies that could be improved in your colleague’s selected business(es) with an integrated system supporting CRM and SCM.
- Identify one or more additional applications of CRM or SCM for your colleague’s selected business(es).
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you have learned or any insights you have gained as a result of the comments your colleagues made.
There are no reviews yet.