Sir James Dyson: Learning to Achieve Success
- Why is the opportunity or freedom to make mistakes crucial learning?
- How can the opportunity or freedom to make mistakes contribute to performance improvement?
- What advice do you think James Dyson would give to a recent college graduate who is just starting his/her career?
- What advice do you think James Dyson would give to someone who is in charge of training people and evaluating their performance?
Smart Phones: Promoting Communication Connectedness or Disconnectedness?
- Can the basic interpersonal communication model be used as an aid in understanding the impact of smartphone usage? If so, how?
- How have smartphones transformed the way in which business people communicate with regard to fulfilling their job responsibilities?
- How have smartphones transformed the way in which college students communicate?
- Do you think that as people become more connected technologically they become less connected interpersonally? Why or why not?
- How can knowledge of motivation theories help managers?
- What are the five categories of motivational needs described by Maslow? Give an example of how each can be satisfied.
- Define stress, distress, and strain.
- Describe four approaches to understanding stress. How does each add something new to our understanding of stress?