Facebook: Opportunities, Problems, and Ambitions
- How does Facebook’s privacy management of users’ personal information affect the behavior of Facebook patrons?
- Being a college student you are likely a Facebook user. What is your opinion regarding how Facebook deals with privacy issues? What have you done (or decided not to do) with regard to protecting your privacy on Facebook (or other social networking sites)?
- How can the availability of Facebook users’ personal data create business opportunities for Facebook and for other businesses?
- Refer to Mark Zuckerberg’s future ambitions for Facebook, as articulated in the next to the last paragraph of the case. From your perspective, what benefits might result if Zuckerberg’s aims are realized? What concerns do you have about Zuckerberg’s goals?
Netflix: Push and Pushback in Streaming Video
- Briefly describe each of the four major challenges that Netflix faces. Which of these four challenges will be the most difficult to address? Why? Which challenge will be the easiest to address? Why?
- How do each of the four major challenges faced by Netflix relate to the generic managerial challenges of dealing with globalization, diversity, and ethics?
- Explain how Netflix has converted or might be able to convert the four major challenges into meaningful opportunities for the company.
- What advice would you give to Reed Hastings regarding handling the pushback from competitors and other affected businesses?
- What are individual differences, and why should managers understand them?
- Define personality and describe its origins.
- How are attitudes formed? Which source is stronger?
- What should managers know about the emotions at work?