Discussion: Science and Religion Research Summaries
Last week you completed your research project. In this week’s Discussion, you will discuss the topic of your research and share a short summary of your work with your colleagues.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Summarize the major arguments about your subject.
- Reflect on any questions that you still have about your subject.
- Consider any areas of your subject that you would like to explore further.
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3
Post a 2-paragraph response that describes the topic of your research and gives a short summary of the major arguments about that subject. At the end of your posting, include a question that you still have or an area you’d like to explore further based on what you learned about your topic.
Be sure to support your ideas by connecting them to the week’s Learning Resources, or something you have read, heard, seen, or experienced.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings. In responding to your colleagues, make sure to ask a question or add an idea which can help them take their research on the topic to a deeper level.
By Day 5
Respond to at least one of your colleagues’ postings in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question.
- Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Validate an idea with your own experience.
- Make a suggestion.
- Expand on your colleague’s posting.