Assignment: Preparing for International Employment
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review your papers from Weeks 2–4. What are some of the key areas of learning that you gained from the course so far? After using the BASIC and D-I-E tools in the Week 2 Assignment, how have you changed your cultural perceptions and ways of communicating with other cultures? How will this influence which country and/or culture you select?
- Consider what you have learned from this course. What have you learned about yourself? What do you consider as your strengths in communicating across cultures? What are the areas that you need to work on developing in order to become more interculturally competent? How will your new location and/or culture present you with new challenges, and how will you prepare yourself to meet them?
- Bring to mind an experience in which you traveled to a new place. How were the people distinct or different, and how did you adapt? How might you use your knowledge of intercultural communication and competency to improve upon your intercultural interactions in this international job assignment?
By Day 7
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper in which you:
- Identify a culture to study for an international job assignment as a communication consultant.
- Explain why you have selected this culture and/or country.
- Describe your personal culture and how it compares to the culture of your international job assignment.
- Describe your prior knowledge of the culture you have selected to study and why you selected this culture.
- Explain what you hope to learn or achieve by studying this culture in this manner.
- Cite all references using APA style citations.