- Explain the role of the rules of evidence at trial.
- In a trial, when is the burden of proof on the plaintiff? When is it on the defendant?
- What is the difference between direct and circumstantial evidence?
- What do we mean by “laying the foundation” for certain evidence?
- List five reasons why the rules of evidence matter in interviewing and investigating.
- Explain the difference between the spousal testimonial privilege and the spousal confidential communications privilege.
- What is the attorney work product rule? Which U.S Supreme Court case established it?
- Name one situation in which the physician-patient privilege is deemed waived.
- Name one privilege that derives from the U.S. Constitution.
- What kind of case pending in federal court will nonetheless be governed by state privilege law?