Chapter 2 review questions
- The organization that has formulated proposed ethical and professional rules for attorneys across the country and guidelines for attorneys who utilize paralegals is the ________,
- List five negative consequences to the lawyer for engaging in unethical conduct
- List six negative consequences to the paralegal of engaging in unethical conduct
- List five law-related activities paralegal cannot engage in, even if delegated to them by supervising lawyer, because they constitute the practice of law.
- What three conditions must be satisfied before a lawyer can delegate tasks to a paralegal?
- Assuming those three conditions are satisfied, name six law-related tasks that a lawyer can delegate to a paralegal.
- Explain the difference between the attorney client and penitentiary privilege and the broader duty of client confidentiality.
- Name five things a paralegal can do to attain and maintain the professional goal of competence
- Why is it essential that a paralegal disclose his status as a paralegal in all communications with those outside the office?
- What should a paralegal do when learning, upon calling a witness to set up an interview, that the witness is represented by counsel in connection with the matter?