- What do we mean by “external obstacles” that must be overcome when conducting a field interview? Can you think of examples?
- What opportunities are presented to an interviewer when the interview is conducted in the witness’s home or office?
- Why is it important to clarify unfamiliar terms or concepts referenced by the witness?
- What does wringing out a wash rag have to do with interviewing?
- In interviewing, attempt to determine if the source of the information is competent, ____, ______, Try to filter out opinions, ______, _______, and statements of prejudice to get to real provable _______. Distinguish between _______-hand information and _______-hand or even ________-hand information.
- Name the different ways we seek information n an interview that can be used later to impeach that witness
- What is the difference between the bias of a witness and the interest of a witness in the outcome of a case? Can you think of examples of each?
- List as many topics as you can that should be covered in a memorandum summarizing a witness interview.
- What are some special challenges presented in an electronically recorded interview?
- What are some special challenges presented in a voice-only interview?