- List as many goals to be achieved in the interview of a fact witness as you can recall.
- What do we mean by the “friendly witness,” and what special challenges does that type of witness pose to the interviewer?
- What is a witness’s natural instinct to help?” How can the interviewer use that instinct when dealing with a hostile, reluctant, or disinterested witness?
- At what point should the legal investigator threaten subpoena power to induce a witness to grant an interview?
- What special dangers are posed by the nosey witness?
- What special dangers are posed by the too-busy witness?
- Name as many “special problem” type witnesses as you can recall. How does the effective interviewer handle each?
- Why is it important to not use tricks or make false promises to induce a witness to grant an interview?
- What special challenges are presented to the interviewer conducting a field interview?
- What special challenges is presented when doing multiple interviews?